ROBERT A. AND LYNN H. BUCKLEY, #10-0559. Commission review, on appeal of the May 12, 2010, decision of the Gloucester County Wetlands Board to deny a request to construct 283 linear feet of vinyl bulkhead and 87 linear feet of vinyl retaining wall at their property situated along the Southwest Branch of the Severn River at 8513 Myrtle Branch Lane in Gloucester County.
6. STEVE BRICE, #10-0035, requests authorization to install two (2) 65 foot long pre cast concrete breakwaters and a 40 foot long pre cast concrete groin and to dredge and excavate approximately 400 cubic yards of sand from the south side of a spit and utilize the material to create a 2 foot high by 240 foot long dune adjacent to his property situated along Meachim Creek and the Rappahannock River off Dunlevy Lane in Middlesex County. The project requires both a subaqueous permit and a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
7. PAUL GARBETT, #10-0697, requests authorization to construct 100 linear feet of riprap revetment along the channelward side of a deteriorated timber bulkhead adjacent to their property situated along the Chesapeake Bay at 76 Cardinal Trail in Middlesex County. The project requires a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
8. NORBERT F. SPANGLER, JR, ET AL, #10-0703, requests authorization to replace a 50 foot long timber groin and to construct 40 linear feet of replacement timber bulkhead aligned immediately channelward of a deteriorated bulkhead adjacent to their property situated along the Rappahannock River at 684 Riverside Drive in Middlesex County.
The project requires both a subaqueous permit and a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
9. ERMA GARY, #10-0486, requests authorization to remove two deteriorated groins and construct two (2) new low profile timber groins extending 48 feet channelward of mean high water adjacent to her property situated along the Rappahannock River at 173 River Bank Drive in Middlesex County. The project requires a both a subaqueous permit and a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
10. CHIPPOKES ESTATES, LLC, #10-0438, requests authorization to place up to 1,800 linear feet of rip rap stone revetment, landward of mean low water, along their shorefront beach property situated adjacent to the James River in Surry County. The project requires a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
11. DWIGHT SCHAUBACH, #09-1478, request after the fact authorization to retain a previously constructed private pier, larger than the original application request, situated along the Nansemond River, at 8354 Crittenden Road in the City of
Suffolk. The existing pier consists of a 7 foot wide by 160 foot long open pile private pier, a 29 foot wide T head, two 6 foot wide by 40 foot long finger piers creating a single boatslip with lift.
The total square footage of the T head and associated finger piers is 1,034.75 square feet.
12. PUBLIC COMMENTS
13. BLACK SEA BASS: Public hearing to consider amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-950-10 et seq. that would revise the closed season for the recreational black sea bass fishery.
14. REVOCATION HEARINGS: Cases concerning revocation of permits and licenses, under the authority of Section 28.2-232 of the Code of Virginia and Chapter 4 VAC 20-252-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Taking of Striped Bass."
15. Cases Of Violation: Regulation 4 VAC 20-252-10 et seq., concerning individual quota overages in 2009.
16. BLUEFISH: Public Hearing to establish the 2010 commercial bluefish quota, as part of Regulation 4 VAC 20-450-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Taking of Bluefish," and a report on the status of the stock of bluefish.
17. DISCUSSION: Request for a July public hearing to establish the 2010 fall recreational striped bass management measures (Regulation 4 VAC 20-252-10 et seq.)
18. PUBLIC HEARING: Concerning adoption of emergency amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-752-10 et
seq, that pertain to the blue crab sanctuaries.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. M.A. BONGIOVANNI, INC., #10-0558, requests authorization to install 61 linear feet of water reuse pipeline beneath Pohick Creek and encase the pipe with compacted stone as part of the Noman G. Cole, Jr. Pollution Control Plant Water Reuse Project in Fairfax County. Staff recommends a time-of-year restriction from February 15 through June 30 to protect andadromous fish resources in the area and a royalty in the amount of $183.00 for the encroachment beneath 61 linear feet of State-owned submerged land at a rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
2B. NORFOLK DREDGING COMPANY, #10-0574, requests authorization to dredge 16,300 cubic yards of new material to restore maximum depths of 14 feet at mean low water at their Deep Creek Yard commercial facility at the confluence of New Mill Creek and the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River at 1520 Shipyard Road in Chesapeake. All dredged material will be transported to and disposed of within the Craney Island Rehandling Basin. Recommend standard dredging conditions and a royalty in the amount of $7,335.00 for the new dredging at a rate of $0.45 per cubic yard.
2C. ALICE K. DODSON, #09-0695, requests authorization to construct six (6) quarry stone breakwaters, totaling 410 feet in length, and extending a maximum of ten (10) feet channelward of mean low water into the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River in conjunction with a "living shoreline" stabilization project, including intertidal marsh planting and restoration, at property immediately upriver of the Hodges Ferry Bridge (Portsmouth Boulevard) in Chesapeake.
2D. CROWN POINT MARINA, INC., #10-0122, requests authorization to construct 740 linear feet of replacement mid tide bulkhead, install an 8 foot wide by 30 foot long aluminum gangway and eleven (11) 4 foot by 20 foot finger piers at existing slips adjacent to their facility situated along the Perrin River at 9737 Cooks Landing Road in Gloucester County.
2E. U.S. ARMY TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS OFFICE, #10-0445, requests permission to impact 20 linear feet of Lucky Run and 12 linear feet of Cedar Run for the installation of a fiber optic cable, the new cable will be directionally bored at least ten (10) feet beneath original streambed associated with the Quantico Marine Base telecommunications upgrade project in Prince William County.
2F. WESCOTT B. NORTHAM, #08-1977, requests authorization to construct and backfill 548 linear feet of vinyl replacement bulkheading, aligned a maximum of two feet channelward of a deteriorating wooden bulkhead situated along Parkers Creek at 24134 Breezy Point Road in Accomack County. Staff recommends the assessment of a royalty in the amount of $1,096.00 for the filling of 1,096 square feet of State owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per square foot.
PAGE 3 ITEMS Consent Agenda Items.
3A. CARLTON HARWOOD, #10-0223, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a second private pier that is 4-feet wide by 30-feet long extending from the upland to form a boatslip, including an attached 4-foot by 12-foot floating jet ski dock; and to retain 92 linear feet of timber sheet piles installed directly on the channelward side of the existing bulkhead serving 2008 Centel Road in the Bay Island subdivision, situated along Long Creek in Virginia Beach.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.