1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. GIRL SCOUT COUNCIL OF COLONIAL COAST #14-0625, requests authorization to construct two (2) 7-foot by 38-foot sections of riprap revetment to stabilize the shoreline beneath an existing bridge situated along Bells Mill Creek in Chesapeake. The project requires a wetlands permit.
6. COREY SCHULTZ, #14-0483, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain and relocate five (5) concrete block structures adjacent to an existing concrete boat ramp at and adjacent to his property designated as lot 19 near Vista Road along the James River in the Town of Claremont in Surry County. The project requires a Coastal Sand Dune and Beaches permit.
7. ANTHONY ENGLISH, #13-0890, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 5-foot wide by 27.5-foot long roofed structure over an existing finger pier and an 8-foot wide by 16-foot long finger pier at his private, non-riparian pier servicing 1217 Little Bay Avenue situated along Willoughby Bay in Norfolk.
8. BOXLEY ASPHALT, LLC (FORMERLY TEMPLETON PAVING, LLC), #13-0624 and #13-0627, requests reauthorization to dredge by dragline, between 100 – 3,500 cubic yards of sand per year from State-owned submerged land at their Otter #2 site in the Big Otter River in Campbell County and at their Rivanna-Kent site in the Rivanna River in Fluvanna County. The Campbell County Site is protested by an adjacent property owner.
9. PUBLIC COMMENT.
10. FORMAL HEARING: Mr. Ronald W. Collier Sr. requests a hearing under Code Section 28.2-216 to appeal the Commission’s decision in April to suspend his commercial fishing licenses for two years.
11. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting.”
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-910-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Scup (Porgy),” to lower the recreational possession limit for scup.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-270-12 et seq. “Pertaining to Crabbing,” to reduce the harvest of female blue crabs by 10% from July 5, 2014 through July 4, 2015, in order to augment spawning potential and help reverse a depleted condition of this resource.
14. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-1090-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and License Fees” to update license and license fee provisions.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. METRO FIBER NETWORKS, INC., #13-1568,
requests a permit modification to install 8-foot wide concrete scour protection matting over 176 linear feet of submerged cable in the York River, approximately 1,000 feet upstream of the Coleman Bridge in York County. Recommend approval contingent on the matting being buried a minimum of one foot below grade, an instream work time-of-year restriction of February 15 to June 30 to protect anadromous fishes and an encroachment royalty of $832.00 for the placement of the matting over 1,664 square feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $0.50 per square foot.
2B. ELIZABETH RIVER CROSSINGS OPCO, LLC, #11-1116, requests authorization to modify an existing permit to install six (6) heavy weather moorings in Barge Mooring Area #2 in Norfolk Harbor, each consisting of a single point mooring system with a swing radius of 400 feet, to be located within a 1,300 foot radius of coordinates 36°52’32.21” N Latitude and 76°20’19.96” W Longitude in association with the construction of an additional tunnel for the Mid-town crossing as part of the U.S.
Route 58 Downtown Tunnel/Mid-town Tunnel/Martin Luther King Freeway Expansion Project across the Elizabeth River between the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth.
2C. WILLIAMS COMPANIES, #14-0025, requests authorization to install a 24-inch natural gas main by directional drilling or trench and cofferdam methodology within 20 streams in the Roanoke River watershed in Brunswick, Charlotte, Halifax, Mecklenburg, and Pittsylvania Counties. Recommend approval contingent on a requirement for a mussel survey and a time-of-year restriction for in-stream work in the Meherrin River and its tributaries during the periods of April 15 through June 15 and August 15 through September 30 to protect endangered mussel species, and a time of year restrictions for in-stream work in Butcher Creek and Allen Creek during the period of March 15 through June 30 to protect endangered fish species, and an encroachment royalty payment of $3,870.00 for the crossings under 1,290 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous lands at a rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.