** APPROVAL OF AGENDA.
1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no
objections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
4. STAFF REPORT regarding Ms. Mary Hill's Oyster Planting Ground situation.
5. ROBERT HOLLOWAY, #02-0012. Clarification of the Commission's June 27, 2006, decision regarding Mr. Holloway's unauthorized construction at his property situated along the Poquoson River in York County.
6. HARBOUR VIEW LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, #00-0476. Formal Restoration Hearing concerning the construction of a 30.5-foot by 30.5-foot gazebo structure (approximately 730 square feet) channelward of mean low water adjacent to a riverfront park at the confluence of Knotts Creek and the Nansemond River in the City of Suffolk. Deferred from the June meeting.
7. C. W. LAWRENCE, JR., #03-1086, requests authorization to retain a previously installed boat-lift along a permitted 8-foot by 36-foot open-pile pier, and to modify his existing permit to construct an 8-foot by 20-foot pier extension; install a 6-foot by 80-foot floating pier; and to install a 4-foot by 55-foot floating pier adjacent to his commercial property along Jones Creek, a tributary to the Pagan River in Isle of Wight County.
8. WILLIAM J. MEAGHER, #06-0204, requests authorization to construct a 15-foot by 20-foot riprap breakwater and a 15-foot by 40-foot riprap breakwater, 75 linear feet of riprap marsh toe sill, and to place 50 cubic yards of sand landward of the breakwaters, as beach nourishment, adjacent to his property situated along Stutts Creek in Mathews County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
9. PORT ROYAL FISH HOUSE, L.L.C., #05-2547, requests authorization to extend an existing commercial pier to approximately 245 feet to create a 14-slip commercial marina. The project also includes the installation of 108 linear feet of riprap revetment and the dredging of 380 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous material, to create maximum depths of minus two and one half (-2.5) feet at mean low water. The Port Royal Fish House is situated along the Rappahannock River immediately northwest of the James Madison (Route 301) Memorial Bridge in Caroline County. Both Wetlands and Subaqueous permits are required. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
10. MR. & MRS. ROB BOSWELL, #04-2357, request authorization to construct a 70-foot long by 6-foot wide extension to their existing 91-foot long, private, noncommercial timber pier at their property situated along Kingscote Creek in Northumberland County. The project is protested by the affected oyster ground lease holder.
11. JERRY W. FERGUSON. Commission consideration of the appropriate terms and conditions to accompany the conveyance of a causeway and island located on approximately 1.2 acres of State-owned submerged land in the Rappahannock River adjacent to an easement from State Route 600 in Middlesex County as authorized by Chapter 201, Acts of Assembly 2006.
12. FRANCIS CHESTER, #05-0057, request for review of the royalty assessment of $1,140.75 for the encroachment over 760.5 square feet of State-owned submerged lands at a rate of $1.50 per square foot for the permit issued to Mr. Chester to construct a 13-foot wide by 66-foot long bridge that spans 58.5 feet of Jennings Branch in Augusta County.
13. DISCUSSION: Request for supplemental Commission guidance concerning royalty assessment procedures.
14. DISCUSSION: Repeal of the Commission's "Private Pier Guidance Criteria" given recent Code changes.
15. PUBLIC COMMENTS
16. FAILURE TO REPORT HARVEST, as required by Regulation 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting".
17. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-566, "Pertaining to the Hampton Roads Shellfish Relay Area" to permanently extend the relay season to September 30th of each year.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.