1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #96-1772, requests authorization to establish an unconfined overboard disposal site in a 103-acre area of Chincoteague Bay, northwest of the end of the Lewis Creek Channel, for an estimated 335,000 cubic yards of material to be dredged from the Lewis Creek Channel and Chincoteague Inner channel.
4. HUDGINS POINT ESTATES CONDOMINIUM OWNERS ASSOCIATION, #97-1285, requests authorization to expand an existing community pier to a maximum of 18 slips adjacent to their property situated along Cobbs Creek in Mathews County.
5. DISCUSSION: Commission consideration of Ms. Carol Collier's failure to respond to inquiries concerning her involvement in the fraudulent signing of an applicant's name to a joint permit application.
6. PIEDMONT SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT, #97-1262, requests authorization to construct a 540-foot long by 48-foot high earthen flood control dam across Mountain Creek, a tributary to the Bush River in Prince Edward County. The resulting impoundment will create a 100-acre flood pool. The project is protested by adjacent property owners.
7. JOSEPH W. PARKER, #97-1098, requests authorization to construct a 40-foot long by 16-foot wide concrete boat ramp with a 10-foot long wooden addition, an associated tending pier, and install approximately 569 linear feet of riprap along the shoreline at his property situated along the Pamunkey River in Hanover County. Wetlands and subaqueous permits required.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-720-10, et. seq., "Pertaining to Oyster Harvest Restrictions for the Upcoming Public Harvest Season, 1997-1998."
9. DISCUSSION: Final consideration of proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-480-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Eastern Shore Bayside Management Areas."
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of proposed regulations pertaining to commercial hook-and-line fishing.
11. DISCUSSION: Request for amendment of regulation authorizing the use of fishing and sales agents by registered commercial fishermen.
12. APPEAL of crab pot license denials.
13. CONSIDERATION of cases concerning failure to report commercial harvests.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
September 23, 1997
2A. CITY OF POQUOSON, #97-1257, requests authorization to replace an existing deteriorated community pier with a 145-foot long by 15-foot wide pier with a 42-foot long by 50-foot wide square pier head with pump out facilities, install 120 linear feet of riprap, 100 linear feet of marsh toe and plant spartina alternaflora adjacent to City property situated along White House Cove.
2B. U. S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #92-1350, requests a five-year extension of their permit and a modification to include the use of a hopper dredge in the placement of approximately 150,000 cubic yards of suitable sandy dredged material annually in an unconfined manner on the downdrift beach lying north of Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach. Recommend approval provided the nourishment material is placed as close to the beach as possible but no more than 500 feet offshore of mean high water.