of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. DISCUSSION: Proposed permit process for applications requesting authorization to remove submerged timber logs from State-owned bottomlands. This matter was tabled from the September 27th Commission hearing.
6. FERDINAND C. DUGAN III, #11-0878, requests authorization to install an approximately 158 linear foot riprap revetment against a failing bulkhead, and retain a 45-foot long, riprap, marsh toe sill adjacent to property situated along the Potomac River in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
7. BUBBA'S MARINA, #01-1979/#11-0583. Dimitrios and Josee Hionis request after-the-fact authorization to retain the glass door enclosures installed around the channelward portion of their commercial wharf facility known as Bubba's Shellfish Market at 3323 Shore Drive situated along the Lynnhaven Inlet in Virginia Beach; and to allow the placement of tables and chairs, including a bar/counter, and on-premises consumption of food, beer, wine and mixed beverages on the previously authorized deck for seafood unloading constructed over State-owned submerged land.
WILLIAM H. KIRBY, #2000-051. Request for oyster planting ground in the Northwest Branch of the Severn River in Gloucester County.
The application is protested by an adjoining property owner, Mr. Steven C. Wann, who also has a pending application for a portion of the same area (#2000-87).
9. STEVEN C. WANN, #2000-087. Request for oyster planting ground in the Northwest Branch of the Severn River in Gloucester County. The application is protested by an adjoining property owner, Mr. William H. Kirby, who also has a pending application covering the same area (#2000-51).
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-620-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Summer Flounder", to modify the fall commercial directed offshore management measures.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-910-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Scup (Porgy)" to adjust commercial fishery management measures.
13. FAILURE TO REPORT COMMERCIAL HARVEST CASES.
14. BLUE CRAB UPDATE: Review of 2011 harvest and discussion of long term management process.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposal to adopt emergency amendments that established the 2011/12 James River Seed Quota and monitoring requirements, as final amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-720-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest".
16. REQUEST FOR DECEMBER PUBLIC HEARING: to revise commercial and recreational fisheries' management measures, (Chapter 4VAC20-960-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Tautog") in accordance with the Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Tautog.
17. REQUEST FOR DECEMBER PUBLIC HEARING: to establish 2012 commercial and recreational striped bass quotas (4VAC20-252-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Taking of Striped Bass").
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. KEY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC, #11-1073,
requests authorization to replace the existing Route 61 Bridge in the Town of Narrows by constructing an approximately 1,142-foot long by approximately 50-foot wide, two-lane bridge with sidewalks, crossing 480 linear feet of the of the New River in Giles County.
All work will be accomplished utilizing coffer dams and temporary causeways.
Permittee shall execute a transfer of this permit to VDOT upon VDOT'S acceptance of the structures authorized herein.
2B. CITY OF WAYNESBORO, #11-1230, requests authorization to replace the existing Route 250/Broad Street Bridge deck in the City of Waynesboro. The new bridge deck will be approximately 285-feet long and approximately 64-feet wide, crossing 110 linear feet of the South River in Augusta County. There will be no in-stream work during demolition or construction of the new bridge deck.
2C. U. S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #04-1327, requests a modification to their existing permit to place hydraulically dredged material from the two (2) Federal Project Channels at Tangier, along the western shore of the island, south of the existing seawall. The modification will increase the cubic yards, per dredge cycle from 65,000 to 100,000 cubic yards of dredged material within the already permitted disposal site. The permit modification is contingent on the expiration of the public interest review period, provided there are no objections to the project. All other permit conditions would remain unchanged.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.