1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. DENNIS WHITCOMB, ET AL, #97-1876. Show cause hearing to determine Mr. England's (co-permittee) and Mr. McKinley's (agent/contractor) degree of responsibility for permit violations associated with a previously authorized dredging project adjacent to Rones Bay off the Rappahannock River in Lancaster County. Continued from the November 23, 1998, Commission meeting.
4. DAMERON PROPERTIES, L.C., #97-0072, requests authorization to construct 373 linear feet of timber replacement bulkhead two (2) feet channelward of an existing, deteriorated bulkhead and construct a 140-foot long by 6-foot wide open-pile marginal wharf at their commercial property at the confluence of Carter Cove and Carter Creek in Weems, Lancaster County. Deferred from the November meeting.
5. CITY OF NORFOLK, #98-1509, requests authorization to construct fourteen (14) 210-linear foot riprap breakwaters and add 230,000 cubic yards of sand material for beach nourishment purposes along the Chesapeake Bay between 19th Bay Street and Little Creek Inlet and Chesapeake Street and the community beach at Ocean View. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
6. RUDY RODRIGUEZ, #98-1939, requests authorization to construct two (2) 42-foot long low-profile timber groins adjacent to his property situated along the Rappahannock River at Portobago Bay in Caroline County. A wetlands permit is required.
7. SOUTHERN STATES COOPERATIVE, INC., #98-1644, requests authorization to install two (2) 7-pile mooring dolphins adjacent to their facility on Indian Creek at Kilmarnock Wharf in Lancaster County to allow end-to-end mooring of grain barges. The project is protested by several nearby residents.
8. BELL ATLANTIC, #98-1713, requests authorization to install a fiber optic cable three (3) feet under the bed of the Pamunkey River and trench the line through adjacent tidal wetlands within the Pamunkey Indian Reservation in King William County. Wetlands and subaqueous permits required.
December 21, 1998
9. DAVID L. GORDON, JR., #98-1728, requests authorization to install 125 linear feet of riprap along the shoreline at his property situated along the Mattaponi River in King and Queen County. Wetlands permit required.
10. JOCELYN SENN, #98-1603, requests authorization to install 140 linear feet of riprap revetment for shoreline protection along her property situated on the James River in Henrico County. A wetlands permit is required.
11. BRIEFING: Presentation by VIMS staff describing their recently developed Tidal Wetlands Impact Data Home Page.
12. DISCUSSION: Request for Public Hearing to consider an increase in the James River Public Market Oyster Harvest quota. Amending Regulation 4 VAC 20-720-10 et. seq.
13 . PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4VAC 20-260, "Pertaining to Summer Flounder," to establish 1999 quotas and trip limits.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4VAC 20-530, "Pertaining to American Shad," to establish a limited commercial fishery in the York River in 1999.
15. DISCUSSION: Request for public hearing to consider proposed regulation to prohibit possession of bay scallops taken from Virginia waters.
16. REPORT of the Pound Net Study Committee on the No-fishing Zone issue.
17. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
December 21, 1998
2A. COUNTY OF NORTHAMPTON, #98-1775, requests authorization to construct a 150-foot long by 10-foot wide open-pile public fishing pier with a 50-foot long by 10-foot wide L-head into Occohannock Creek adjacent to the County boat ramps at Morleys Wharf in Northampton County.
2B. METROPOLITAN WASHINGTON AIRPORT AUTHORITY, #98-1568, requests authorization to construct, by open-cut excavation, a 52 linear foot concrete encased sewerline crossing under a section of Horsepen Run situated between Washington Dulles International Airport and Route 28 in Fairfax. Recommend standard instream construction conditions. Recommend a royalty of $52.00 for the encroachment under 52 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per linear foot.
2C. GOVERNOR'S LAND MANAGEMENT CO., #98-1727, requests authorization to install seven (7) riprap breakwaters and place sand fill as beach nourishment behind the breakwaters adjacent to the Governor's Land subdivision situated along the James River in James City County. Recommend an annual royalty assessment of $351.87 for the encroachment of the beach nourishment fill over 70,375 square feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $0.005 per square foot.