1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. DOZIER MARINE, INC., #13-0010, requests authorization to dredge by mechanical method 45 cubic yards of subaqueous bottom to lower depths from a 370 square foot
subtidal area to minus six (-6) feet at mean low water, construct a 110 linear foot bulkhead with associated backfill of 75 square feet of subaqueous bottom, and install
two (2) 90 foot long open pile piers, two (2) 35-foot long vinyl jetties, a 4-foot wide by 76-foot long concrete floating pier, a 40-foot extension of a 4-foot wide concrete floating pier, and two (2) 4-foot wide by 18-foot long gangways to facilitate the construction of a travel lift at the Regatta Point Yachting Center along Broad Creek at 137 Neptune Lane
in Middlesex County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
6. ROBERT J. SCHUSTER, #13-0036, requests authorization to attach a 6-foot by 12-foot floating dock to his existing private pier and to retain an unauthorized osprey pole and platform installed approximately 40 feet southwest of his pier adjacent to 4237 Cheswick Lane, situated along the Western Branch of the Lynnhaven River in Virginia Beach.
7. WESTERN VIRGINIA WATER AUTHORITY, #12-1641, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain seven (7) cubic yards of riprap fill material that was placed a
maximum of four (4) feet channel ward of ordinary high water and was installed as part of an emergency repair to an exposed 18-inch sanitary sewer main within an existing
right-of-way easement adjacent to the corner of Salem Turnpike and Westside Boulevard situated along Peters Creek in Roanoke.
8. DEBORAH PORTELA, #13-0132, requests authorization to impact 1,548 square feet of sandy beach adjacent to the York River to install 95 linear feet of riprap extending ten (10) feet channelward of mean high water at 10142 Sycamore Landing Road in James City County. The project requires a Coastal Primary Sand Dune and Beach Permit.
9. HESS CORPORATION, #13-0284, requests authorization to temporarily impact approximately 160 square feet of vegetated wetlands resulting from the installation of a steel sheet pile wall to minus two (-2) feet below grade adjacent to their facility at 4020 Buell Street situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake. The project requires a Wetlands permit.
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
11. REPEAT OFFENDERS.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Establish regulations pertaining to Atlantic menhaden, as authorized by the Code of Virginia, to comply with requirements established by Amendment 2 to the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission's Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Atlantic Menhaden.
13. DISCUSSION: of private ground leasing in Tangier Sound for Blue Crab Disaster aquaculture participants and approval of a Procurement Procedure to allow private individuals to harvest fossil shell for private use as it relates to the 2013 Oyster Replenishment Plan.
14. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
15. REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY AMENDMENTS: to Chapter 4 VAC 20-900-10 et seq, "Pertaining to Horseshoe Crabs", to establish mesh size and twine size specifications for gill nets harvesting horseshoe crabs.
16. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed adoption of amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-950-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass", to lower the recreational black sea bass fishery possession limit of 25 fish to 20 fish, for the May 19 through October 14 and November 1 through December 31 season, and to establish the 2013 commercial directed fishery quota as 394,000 pounds. These amendments are proposed for compliance with the interstate fishery management plan requirements for black sea bass.
17. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Modification of the limited entry system for the commercial spiny dogfish fishery to reduce the number of permits and establish an increased trip limit of 4,000 pounds.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #12-0255,
requests authorization to add a third placement site to the already permitted placement sites along the western shore of Tangier Island, and the Tangier Island Uppards.
The additional placement site would be located approximately 1,500 feet west of the Uppards placement site between the minus five (-5) foot and minus eight (-8) foot contours in the Chesapeake Bay.
The new site would only be used to place overboard in an unconfined manner of up to 5,000 cubic yards of dredged material, per dredge cycle, from the maintenance dredging in the two Federal Project Channels near Tangier Island in Accomack County.
All other permit conditions would remain the same.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
3A. ELGIN NININGER, #12-1663, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 120 square foot commercial pier extension, and a 144 square foot commercial pier extension on separate piers adjacent to his property situated along Rosier Creek at 2066 Ridge Road in Westmoreland County. The applicant has agreed to a $1,000.00 civil charge, a triple permit fee, and triple royalties in lieu of further enforcement action.
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.