1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION (if necessary).
4. BRUCE B. MILLS, #00-1488. Commission review on appeal of the October 16, 2000, decision by the Virginia Beach Wetlands Board to deny a permit to construct a single family residence with an elevated timber walkway, bridge and steps, with sewer, water and other utilities involving a beach and coastal primary sand dune in Virginia Beach.
5. MAGGIE G. RABEY, #00-1489. Commission review on appeal of the October 16, 2000, decision by the Virginia Beach Wetlands Board to deny a permit to construct a single family residence with an elevated timber walkway, bridge and steps, with sewer, water and other utilities involving a beach and coastal primary sand dune in Virginia Beach.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-900-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Horseshoe Crab" to establish a revised commercial harvest quota previously enacted as an emergency regulation on October 20, 2000.
7. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-560-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Shellfish Management Areas," to revise harvest seasons and time of day limits.
8. DISCUSSION: Establishment of provisions to improve the monitoring and enforcement of horseshoe crab quotas. Request for public hearing.
9. DISCUSSION: Revisions to the commercial flounder harvest rules for 2001. Request for public hearing.
10. RECOMMENDATIONS of the Recreational Fishing Advisory Board.
11. DISCUSSION: Revisions to the rules governing the marking of commercial fishing gear used recreationally. Request for public hearing.
12. Overview of the oyster Replenishment Program.
13. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
2A. NORFOLK NAVAL SHIPYARD, #00-1505, requests authorization to extend, by
two (2) feet, an existing stormwater outfall and to construct a 198 linear foot concrete replacement bulkhead and a 15-pile timber mooring dolphin at Berth 13 at their facility situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in the City of Portsmouth.
2B. VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, #00-0899, requests authorization to transplant 3,000 shoots of eelgrass (Zostera marina) from a submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV) bed in Back River south of the Plum Tree Island National Wildlife Refuge in Poquoson, and 1,000 shoots of eelgrass from a SAV bed in the Chesapeake Bay off of Dameron Marsh in Northumberland County, and plant 1,632 shoots of nursery-grown widgeon gras (Ruppia maritima) to three (3) sites in Northumberland County (Yeocomico River, Judith Sound and Kingscote Creek) as part of SAV mitigation for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge replacement project in the City of Alexandria. Half of the shoots at each site will be placed in protective cages measuring 30 feet long by 20 feet wide which will extend no more than one (1) foot above mean high water to test predation survival. The project will be conducted in accordance with the Commission?s recently adopted SAV Transplantation Guidelines.